Diwali, the festival of lights, is one of the most celebrated and sacred festivals of Hindus in India.
The significance is the celebration of the homecoming of Lord Rama after rescuing Lady Sita from the evil King Ravana and completing their 14 years of exile.
With Diwali around the corner, on the 30th day of October, to reward you all for your loyal readership of my musings, I have two splendid contests in store.
My love for books and coffee is overflowing, so the reward is likely to be one of both, or maybe both!
Contest I: Coffee lovers, this one is for you!
Recently, I came across this app called Gestu that gives you a chance to gift your loved ones what they actually like, be it a cappuccino or tickets of their favourite movies! Wouldn't you rather gift them something simple & sweet, send them a little note, materialise the sensation? That's exactly what Gestu lets you do. AND that's just one of tens of emotions that are expressible through Gestu!
In its early days, Gestu is striving to revolutionise your gifting options and would like to know your opinions!
I have partnered with them and they're reaching out to you! They want to know what you'd like to see on their app. That one awesome, old or new brand/product that conveys your emotions better than anything else!
So, all you have to do is:
- Download the app via this *link*
- Check out what the app has to offer.
- Comment your view in the comment box below on what should be added on to the app (Something unique, Okay?). You can choose any brand, be it Pizza Hut or Shoppers Stop, PVR or Starbucks!
- To increase your chances of winning, follow me on twitter, and tweet your answer there as well with the hashtag, #Gestuit, do not forget to mention me, my twitter handle is @radhikamundra99.
Contest II: Now, I'm celebrating a win which is a secret, for now. So, what is the one thing that tops Coffee? Books, yes, books!
Just answer these questions in the comments and you're good to go!
- Tell me about that one book which made you rethink life!
- Would you choose an hour's worth of happiness every day or a full day of happiness 24 days from now?
- Tell me about a post on my blog that you loved and why!
For Contest I: The best, most unique or the uncanniest suggestion wins 7 Gestus (2 for you, 5 for your friends)!
For Contest II: Best 3 comments will win a book each. The first prize will be a Paperback, while the next two will be Kindle editions.
- Do not copy. Frame your own answers!
- Share the post once you've answered.
- Contest I ends on 25th October 2016.
- Contest II ends on 28th October 2016.
- The #GestuIt contest extends to Indian Residents only.
- The II Contest is open to all.
- The final selection of winners is undisputable.
So, enough reading, start writing your answers!
A request for you all. While we're fortunate enough to be celebrating, there are people out there who are struggling desperately to make ends meet. Share your festivities with them, share your joy. Remember, the good you do comes back to you!
Until next time,
Be kind to one another.
Bye Bye! :)